Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Great Green Juice to Start the Day


I juiced for breakfast this morning. It was so good. My barley grass is growing better than it ever has and so is the wheat grass. I juiced 2 apples and a handful of baby carrots with the grasses. It was great. I am so glad I have some wheat and barley grass growing right now. We haven't had much milk on hand lately and I have been getting cramps in my one leg all spring. Well, the grasses must be helping because the cramps haven't been around this week.

Four of the things I like about drinking the grass juices are:

1. I get enough magnesium that I don't have to worry about an irregular heart beat.
2. I get enough magnesium that I don't have to worry about being constipated.
3. I can get to sleep at night and sleep well.
4. I have energy to exercise and it doesn’t take my energy away to do it.

I was hoping that my one planting of wheat grass and barley grass seeds would keep me in grass for a while. It is actually re growing in the bins outside so fast that I think I will have continual grass. I soaked 2 cups of wheat and 1 cup of barley for three days and then planted them in the soil outside in some two 30 gallon plastic storage bins that I had half full of my potting soil mix. I like to put a lot of Azomite in the mix so the soil will have plenty of balanced trace minerals. That is how I have grown the grass before, except for having it in the big bins. I like this method better because they keep it up off the ground and it is easier to reach and cut.

Growing the grass outdoors makes better grass because of the larger amount of sunlight, and air movement. You can grow it indoors, but you need grow lights or a sun room with lots of window space. Inside you also need a way to move the air. Air movement helps keep the plants healthy and pest and mold free.

I just cut part of the bin of grass each day to make enough juice for myself and my husband. I actually don't mind drinking the grass juice plain, but my husband likes it so much better with the apple and carrots that it is worth the effort to add them so I can share with him.

I have a masticating juicer made for wheat grass juicing that I used to juice the grass, apples and carrots today. I have had the juicer for many years and it works as good today as it did when I got it. I have shared my juice with many friends and family because of the health benefits. The juicer is easy to clean and requires only a minute to put it back together.

If you are struggling with your health, or want to get an extra boost of energy, getting a wheat grass juicer and juicing the grasses will be a huge benefit to you. If you have heart issues or blood issues, the grass juice will help. If you want to run marathons, climb the mountains effortlessly and have energy to function the next day, get a wheat grass juicer and start your own wheat grass juice habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment