Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Breakfast Juice Recipe

We got a variety of fruits from Bountiful Baskets the past two weeks. I have Bananas, apples, kiwi, strawberries, kumquats, mangoes, and pineapple left from before. I have been on a juice fast so I haven't been using much of it. I have juiced a few grapefruit with our citrus juicer and that juice is one of my favorite, but I wanted something different today. I didn't know if the bananas would juice so I didn't even try. The other things I decided to use for my juice.

Here is what I used:
2 Kiwi
4 strawberries
1 mango
6-7 Kumquats
1 medium apple
a wedge from top to bottom of pineapple 1 inch wide at the rind
the core of the pineapple.

I juiced all of this through my masticating juicer. I thought it would be too tart, but it was not. It was so good, about as tart as a glass of good orange juice, or a little sweeter.

Try this recipe tomorrow and enjoy your breakfast drink. We have more juice recipes that are great for juice fasting on our juicers web site.

One thing I learned about putting just fruits through that juicer is that you get a lot of pulp without fiber to push it on through. I had to follow it up with some celery to get it to go through. That was perfect though, because celery mixed with the fruits and some spinach leaves, makes a good lunch juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment